Southern Vermont College located in Bennington, VT was founded in 1926. The college offers 17 liberal arts and career-enhancing majors, 10 Division III Athletic Teams and a number of clubs, intramurals and other activities. Students receive a personalized education with access to professional tutors, a dedicated staff at the Center for Teaching and Learning, professors who know them and much more. At SVC, you won’t get lost; you’ll be found.
- Private, career-oriented, liberal arts college
- Mission: a deep belief in the potential of every individual
- Focus: Close connection between students, faculty and staff; personal and academic support; community oriented, student-focused campus; internships, service learning, community service
- Founded in 1926 as St. Joseph College; moved to current campus and renamed SVC in 1974
- Bennington: Vibrant, historic community of 16,000
- Three hours from Boston, New York City and Montreal
- Ski and hike the Green Mountains
- Campus: 371 acres with spectacular mountain views; classrooms in historic stone mansion; 13-tier water cascade; hiking trails
Simulation Lab: A state-of-the-art lab where students practice vital clinical skills on computer-programmed mannequins.
- iPad and Kindle Learning: Initiatives to integrate and measure new technology into the classroom.
- Franco-American Lecture Series: Four cultural lectures hosted by the Quest for Success Program.
- National Day on Writing: SVC Humanities Division curates student/staff creative writing through a National Gallery.
- The 2020 Initiative: As part of the national effort to move more students to and through college, SVC has incorporated several initiatives with the U.S. Department of Education.