Small classes, hands-on learning and personal attention — for over 30 years this unique apprenticeship model has been the New England Culinary Institute’s recipe for success. With over fifty faculty members serving a student body of less than 300 students in residence, NECI students receive a level of personal attention and instruction that inspires them throughout their careers.
- Established in 1980. Private.
- Accreditation: ACCSC
- Enrollment four times per year
- Widely recognized focus on culinary and hospitality education
- Montpelier campus located in the smallest state capital in the U.S.
- Residence halls located on the shared campus of the Vermont College of Fine Arts
- 175 acre Hubbard Park provides biking, hiking, skiing and sledding space in Montpelier
- Many alpine and Nordic ski areas nearby
- Easy interstate highway access to Montreal, Boston and New York City
- Very low student-to-teacher ratio
- Hands-on apprenticeship-style education where students Learn by Living it
- Personalized internships in all programs
- Students gain real world experience preparing meals for paying customers in live food service operations
- Lifetime career placement service support