Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a small, private college located in Burlington, Vermont, overlooking scenic Lake Champlain with additional campuses in Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland. Champlain College’s agile and entrepreneurial approach to higher education uniquely blends technology leadership, market savvy, innovation and fiscal responsibility with a commitment to liberal learning, community involvement and “the human touch.” Our distinctive, career-focused approach prepares our students to become the skilled practitioners, effective professionals and engaged global citizens of tomorrow.
- Over 80 subject areas, including undergraduate majors, minors, specializations, graduate degrees and certificate programs
- More than 30 undergraduate degrees
- 12 online bachelor’s degrees and a number of professional certificates in business, technology and health care
- 7 online graduate programs and on-campus MFA and MS programs in Emergent Media
Class of 2015 outcomes: based on data collected from 91% of the traditional undergraduate population for the Class of 2015 on year after graduation, 96% are employed or continuing their education, 88% of those employed are in positions relevant to career goals and 92% were employed within 6 months of graduation.
- Located in the beautiful Hill Section of Burlington, within easy walking distance to Church Street shopping, restaurants and Lake Champlain’s waterfront
- Burlington often tops “best of” lists, including “best college town in America” and “America’s best towns to live in”
- Many major ski resorts near campus
- 1.5-hour drive to Montreal, 3.5-hour drive to Boston, 5-hour drive to New York City
- Burlington is well served by bus, train and air transportation
- Our unique Upside-Down Curriculum enables students to start taking classes in their major their first semester. This puts students on the fast track to internships and real-world experience
- Featured in the Fiske Guide to Colleges for 2017 as on of the "best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada and Great Britian
- Included in The Princeton Review's "Best 381 Colleges" and "Best Northeastern Colleges" in 2017 and "Guide to 353 Green Colleges" for 2015
- Champlain named for the second year in a row "Most Innovative School" by U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" 2017 ranking of regional colleges in the North.
- Top Pick in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 “Best Regional Colleges in the North”
- Champlain was also featured as the model of an “ideal college” in an article in The Atlantic magazine in 2013
- Motto: Audeamus. Translation: Let Us Dare