At Champlain College, founded in 1878, you will be positioned for job success through our extensive internship program and other experiential learning opportunities, and through small classes that ensure an individualized education. You can choose from more than 80 subject areas, including majors, minors and specializations in business and management, professional writing, communications, creative media, game development, education, legal studies, social services, digital forensics, and cybersecurity. Champlain offers exceptional study-abroad opportunities, more than 50 student clubs and organizations, and an entrepreneurial environment that supports the development of initiative, leadership skills and civic engagement. Champlain has campuses in Burlington, Vermont; Montreal; and Dublin
- Founded in 1878
- Private baccalaureate institution focused on offering career-accelerated education that leads to real opportunities in the marketplace and provide students with one of the most comprehensive educations available anywhere. Champlain College's signature entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to professional preparation, nationally-acclaimed Core Curriculum and tradition of working with students individually combine to create an education that is truly like no other. Through Champlain's distinctive, experience-based approach to education, students learn real skills and get real experience.
- Located in the beautiful hill section of Burlington, Vermont, within easy walking distance to Church Street shopping, restaurants, and Lake Champlain’s waterfront
- Many major ski resorts near campus
- 1.5 hour drive to Montreal, 3.5 hour drive to Boston, 5 hour drive to New York City
- Burlington is well served by bus, train, and air transportation
- Champlain campuses in Dublin, Ireland and Montreal, Canada, as well as an established study abroad program allows students many opportunities for global education. Advisors are on hand to help students find a study abroad program that best suits their interests and degree requirements.
- New American Student Scholarships available for students of refugee status
- One of eight colleges cited by The New York Times for making “the global leap.”
- Described by The Boston Globe as a “hidden gem.”
- Cited among the top five colleges in the Northeast for achieving the highest graduation rate in “America’s Best Colleges 2005” edition of U.S. News & World Report.
- Since 1878 Champlain College has celebrated the Vermont ideals of practical and independent thinking, entrepreneurship and commitment to community.
- A Champlain College education is an active collaboration between students and faculty.
- A first-choice for motivated students with professional goals and a commitment to lifelong learning.